Friday, December 10, 2010

Article #11: What procedures and criteria must be observed in planning and conducting field trips? What educational benefits are derived from a field trip? What community resources can be utilized for learning?

  • Planning includes, preliminary planning by the teacher, preplanning with others going on the trip and taking the field trip itself and post-field trip follow up activities. 
  • The real world connection is more work but the benefits of broadening teaching beyond textbooks far outweigh the little bit of time it takes from a teacher's schedule. The field trip can nurture curiosity build a zest for new experience, and a sense of wonder.
  • A field trip may be a visit to a scenic spot or a historical place.

1 comment:

  1. First of all I would like to say great blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
    I've had difficulty clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Cheers!

    my website; waist to height calculator

    ReplyDelete