Monday, February 21, 2011

Article #17: Which form of assessment fits a constructivist technology-supported learning environment?

We should go beyond memorizing for tests and we should not study only for a passing score and a passing grade. Authentic assessment measures collective abilities written and oral expression skills, analytical skills, manipulative skills (like computer skills) integration, creativity, and ability to work collaboratively. The traditional paper-and-pencil tests are not adequate to assess learning in a constructivist technology-supported learning. The authentic forms, are more reliable and adequate to measure student's communication, analytical, integrative, evaluative and collaborative skills. In a technology-supported learning environment, the students are not only users of technology products, they themselves are authors of technology product.

2 comments:

  1. I every time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore from now
    I am using net for articles, thanks to web.

    Here is my web-site ... Diets That Work

    ReplyDelete
  2. During this pandemic, I'll find easier to understand the topics from your blog than from my prof... Thank you...

    I wonder how I can cite you properly as the author?

    ReplyDelete